Have you ever actually added up how much time you spend on hair removal? From legs to underarms, eyebrows to arms hair removal becomes part of the daily, weekly, and monthly routine but it does not have to. Removing hair is a time consuming and thankless task as it just keeps growing back. Methods like shaving, waxing and threading all have their benefits but what if you didn’t have to choose any of these as the hair was removed for good?
Modern Laser Hair Removal
That is where modern laser hair removal techniques come in, at Koha we use The Candela GentleMax Pro laser machine because it is considered the ‘gold standard when it comes to hair removal machines. This machine educes the risk of hyper pigmentation and has a built-in cooling system. This modern laser combined with the skill and knowledge of our team makes choosing Koha for your hair removal treatments easy.
Modern methods of laser hair removal recognise that the hair removal may not be completely permanent, and many clients will have to come in for top up sessions from time to time. This is reflected in the change of many clinic’s describing the treatment as hair reduction rather than hair removal.
How Laser Hair Removal Works
Laser hair removal works by destroying the hair follicle’s capability to grow new hair. This means that the hair removal is permanently reduces. Over time, and possibly with hormonal changes, these hair follicles can start to regrow so maintenance treatments may be required.
There are a lot of myths surrounding Laser hair Removal so we thought we would tackle a few of them head on:
- Laser hair removal only treats hair? Actually, it can treat other problem areas too, these include, vascular lesions, pigmented lesions, hemangioma and nail fungus to name but a few.
- Laser hair removal is painful? Not so, the Candela Gentle Max Pro that we use has a specialised cooling system to help ensure you are comfortable and not in pain.
- Hair removal is only for the girls? Of course not! Male, female, trans, young or old we can help you get the best skin you can! Women are often the predominant users of our services but not exclusively so.
- Laser hair removal works on all hair colours. No, unfortunately this one is not true, this treatment can only work on dark hair. There are other treatments available for those with light hair so book an appointment with one of our skin experts today to discuss your needs.
- I don’t need to shave before treatment – This one is also not true. Shaving the area before treatment is the best course of action for most people. Don’t wax, thread, or epilate as this can cause problems.
- I can get treatment with a tan – Unfortunately this one is also false; treatment cannot be carried out if you have a tan.
The best way to get your questions answered is to make an appointment with one of our skin specialists to discover the best treatment for you.